Information We Collect & How We Use It
The japan-property.jp website requests and collects personal information from our customers at various site locations and instances, including, but not limited to, when you create a japan-property.jp membership, communicate with us via social media, participate in events, contests, or promotions, contact our customer care team, or post other customer-generated content to this Site. These are currently the primary ways in which we gather information, however, we may also collect data through other channels in the future. The types of personal information we may collect from you can vary according to the method through which it was attained. It may include, but is not limited to, the following:
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us, such as:
- Full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Username and password for your japan-property.jp membership
- A record of your japan-property.jp orders, purchase history.
- Information provided by you through your interactions with us in social media
- Location and geographic information that could be collected if you use our mobile site or app.
- Other details that you may submit to us or may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
- Additionally, when you select to email a friend about japan-property.jp, we request their email address from you to send them a one-time email. We do not share your friend's email information for any other purposes unless that friend creates a membership to japan-property.jp
Email & Other Communications
We may contact you via email to send you necessary related messages.
We may also send you newsletters and additional email messages about our products, services, contests, and promotions that we feel may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive these and other promotional communications from us, you may select the unsubscribe link which is present in each email. You may also customize your communication preferences by accessing the email preference center in your japan-property.jp Membership Page and adjusting your settings accordingly.
Cookies, Pixels, and other tracking mechanisms
We and our partners use various technologies to collect information automatically when you access and use our Services, including cookies, and other similar technologies. Cookies are bits of electronic information that can be transferred to your computer or other electronic device to uniquely identify your browser. When you use the Services, we and our partners may place one or more cookies on your computer or other electronic devices or use other technologies that provide similar functionality.
- Some of our pages may also include pixels, which are electronic files to count users who have visited that page, to track activity over time and across different websites, to determine users’ interactions with emails we send, to identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic device accessing that page, or to collect other related information, and this information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or IP address. We may, for example, implement a pixel on specific Services where you view a certain listing so that we can track whether the listing is of relevance to you while offering recommendations. Through these pixels and cookies we collect information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behaviour.
- We also allow certain third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies when you use the Website or the Apps. These third parties include (a) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on the Website or the Apps, and (b) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different web sites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties are non-personally identifiable information which is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on the Website, the Apps, and across the Internet which are tailored to your interests.
- Many of the third parties we allow to collect information on the Website and the Apps are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of advertising targeting from member companies. Lastly, you can manage the type of cookies that are allowed through your browser settings, including completely blocking all cookies if you so wish. For information about how to manage cookies on your browser, please see the help section of the browser you are using.
How We Use Your Information
All of the personal information we collect from our customers is for the purpose of the reasoning described above, as well as:
- Processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction
- improving your browsing experience by personalising the Website and the Apps
- Creating, managing, and maintaining your membership to this Site
- Providing requested live customer support and services
- responding to your enquiries or requests pursuant to your emails and/or submission of form(s) on the Website or the Apps
- Record keeping of your purchase history
- Enabling communication via our Site, blog, and social networks
- Managing your participation in contests and promotions
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users. Such statistical information may be used to personalise advertising on the Website or the Apps, but cannot be used to identify any individual user.
japan-property.jp does not share the personal information of its users with any unaffiliated third parties for their promotional purposes. We share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties only as described below:
Payment, Shipping, Referral, & Other Programs
We might choose to use a third party payment processor and a third party shipping agent to ensure the payment and or any delivery required…. We also use a third party to administer our referral program. We may use other third parties for other services from time to time. These third parties have no authority to use your personal information for their own promotional purposes.
We reserve the right to disclose personal information to our service providers, the government, law enforcement agencies, or other third parties under certain circumstances where a formal request has been made (such as in responding to a court order, subpoena, or judicial proceeding) as japan-property.jp, in our sole and absolute discretion, deems necessary and appropriate. Moreover, in the event of a sale, merger, or transfer of some or all of japan-property.jp assets, or dissolution or bankruptcy, your personal information may be transferred to an unaffiliated third party as part of or apart from other transferred assets or assets. Any transfer will then be governed by and be the responsibility of any purchaser of or successor to the transferred assets or assets. We shall notify you by a notice on the home page of any change in the information practices governing your personal information as a result of any transfer of assets or any asset change in ownership, and your choices in how your information is used.
Links to Third Party Websites
This Site contains links to other websites. japan-property.jp takes no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of each website you visit prior to disclosing your personal information.
User-Generated Content & Information Disclosure
Any personal information or image content you voluntarily disclose online in a manner that other users can view (including, but not limited to: reviews, comments, contributions to social media pages, in connection with contests and promotions, and on the japan-property.jp blog) becomes publicly available, and can be read, collected, and used by other members of this forum to send you unsolicited messages. Your membership name, email, or other information may also be displayed when you post comments or upload images throughout the Site. japan-property.jp is not responsible for the personal information users select to disclose in these forums.
How We Protect Your Information
japan-property.jp utilizes some of the most advanced technology available today for Internet security purposes. When you access our checkout using industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, your information is protected with both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that your data is safe, secure, and available only to japan-property.jp.
Accessing Your Personal Information & Preferences
You can access, update, or change your personal information and communication preferences by signing into your japan-property.jp membership page and modifying your preferences at your discretion.
You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to create a membership with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features.
Inquiries regarding the handling of personal information should be sent by contact form: